Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Lozzie learns to crochet!

2 months ago, i learnt to crochet! here's the first thing i did...

impressed? no? me either! lol

off i went to Spotlight for the 'Patons - Learn to Crochet' book.

 i quickly moved on to a beanie...


impressed now? me too!

i was hooked! ;)

 Beanies for River and Marlie

More beanies! Neapolitan inspired beanie for Miss Nellicious and a Demons beanie for my wee second cousin Jimi.

Just for fun...
coz i'm a bit mushroom mad, a clutching toy for River.

A beret for myself.

A dinosaur beanie for a good friends little man.

African flower beanie, not quite finished yet, needs a few more rows around the bottom... and an owner, not sure who this is for yet.

Very rough coz i made the pattern up myself, but i needed some slippers! pattern needs a few changes.

and finally...
quite possibly one of the ugliest things i've made! i had some of the most disgustingly coarse string, its so think, it was a bitch to work with! but i did it, a dish scrubbie!

Crochet is my new love, i love working in the round and using treble stitches. i love that i can create beautiful things while sitting in my big comfy arm chair with my feet up and a cup of tea on the table next to me. hmm, tea..... yep, its about that time ;)

Peace, love and wooly goodness

xxx


4 comments:

  1. And it's so quick! Sooo good for instant gratification. I'm currently alternating between knitting a pair of longies which seem to be taking foreverrrrrr and crochet and sewing quicker pieces to keep me motivated.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Loz!!!
    So clever :o)
    I can't wait to see that beret close up!
    Yay you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is all absolutely inspiring and fabulous! I've got a crochet hook, I've got yarn. What the hey am I waiting for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. *swoon* I periodically return to stare in envious awe at that flower hat you crocheted for you, so cute, so very you.












    want ;P

    ReplyDelete