Wednesday, August 25, 2010

what we made last week...

Last week, Mum and I made a few more softies and some vintage inspired bibs...


This is Hector the Giraffe from the 'Softies' book, he's so cute!



A toadstool rattle, it looks a bit demented, i made the pattern up myself. It has the capsule thingy out of a Kinder Surprise with a bell in it.



These bibs were so easy! i made the pattern up myself, i'm pretty proud of them, lol.

I did a bit of artwork to honour my pregnancy yesterday....



it's oil pastels on canvas, i'm really happy with the colours, but learned why real artists mount their own canvas after they have finished their work, the frame underneath shows in some areas, ah well.

Bubs' corner of the room is slowly taking on a life of it's own...



We'll be co-sleeping, that's why the side of the cot is missing, it's actually butted up against my side of the bed as a sidecar.

here is what i'm working on today....



it looks nothing like my original sketch... some of the branches moved, not sure how that happened, i hope it still looks right.

that's all for now. ta-ta!

6 comments:

  1. oh i love the sidecar idea with the cot!!
    I have never been a fan of co-sleeping for safety reasons.. yes they are MY reasons before i get jumped on with a hundred articles as to why it is safe.. its just not something im comfortable doing.. more worried mike would roll on the baby then me but still.. the side car idea kills those thoughts, coz hes still in his own sorta space and cant be rolled on but is still nice and close to u... Our basinett is like a sidecar but it still has a wall... hmmm got me thinking now lozaroonie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, thats why we did it, hubby isn't aware of anything once he's asleep so i wasn't comfortable with the idea of having babe between us. i wanted bub on my side but didn't want to put a rail on the bed and feel trapped in, the cot sidecar really is the perfect solution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is one lucky buba, everything is so gorgeous and filled with love!!!
    Ebby, I'm not "jumping on" ya, but co-sleeping families usually do put things in place, such as Loz's side car or my extra bed, for the very reason of hubby not being aware. It's actually a kinda guideline, it's not just that the man may be a heavy sleeper, but that they don't have the instinct that muma has....and that's an instinct that a breastfeeding muma has, it's not as instinctual in a bottle fed babes muma as it's to do with her picking up on baby smells and cues(so I have read)

    ReplyDelete